Join the team that is changing radio and online newspapers in every market we enter. Local Voice is a unique business model in which online newspapers are powered by Hometown radio stations.
The dominant voice in the future of local markets will not be the local newspaper, the local radio station or the local television station; it will be the local media company, delivering local content across a number of platforms. In the Hampton Roads Market it is Local Voice.
Chief of Staff / Executive Assistant
Local Voice Media is headquartered in Williamsburg, Virginia with additional locations in Wilmington, North Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina and Virginia Beach, Virginia. The Chief of Staff/Executive Assistant will be responsible for the coordination of activities (operations and planning) and ensuring timely flow of information to and from the executive office. Strong candidates will have an executive aspiration and a committed work ethic. Additionally, ideal candidates have an understanding of and an appreciation for media and technology, and demonstrate strong initiative, resourcefulness, and sound independent judgment in handling a wide variety of complex and specialized strategic, communications, and administrative functions in a fast paced environment. S/he will be required to be available during regular business hours, evenings and/or weekends, on occasion/as needed to provide support and assistance to the CEO. Some travel may be required.
- Executive Professional, right hand to the CEO essentially responsible for managing the operations of the CEO’s agenda and projects.
- Ability to anticipate the CEO’s needs, act accordingly, and proactively bring together appropriate people and resources to support the executive in addressing issues.
- Understand organizational policies and procedures necessary to ensure appropriate decision-making protocols are followed.
- Ability to manage, coordinate, and execute various projects involving personnel both in and out of the office.
- Represent the CEO in a professional and congenial manner in person, in telephone conversations, and in written correspondence.
- Handle confidential information in a professional and discreet manner.
- Manage external contacts for CEO, proactively understanding who they are, which are priority contacts, and keeping track of periodic communication needed for priority contacts.
- Provide regular feedback/updates on the progress of assigned projects.
- Planning and scheduling meetings and appointments
- Preparing and editing correspondence, reports, and presentations including additional research as needed.
- Corporate calendar management and assist with coordinating and scheduling of department, market and ad hoc committee meetings.
- Proactively and resourcefully plan, organize, coordinate, schedule and communicate various internal and external meetings (firm, board, civic and personal) with great attention to detail.
- Help CEO manage output, workflow and office deadlines
- Assist the CEO in all tasks and functions as required. This may include events, travel plans, special projects, meetings, and client customer service.
- Develop and maintain a system that alerts to upcoming deadlines on incoming requests or events.
The successful Executive Assistant candidate will have the following skills:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to analyze and prioritize business-related requests
- Strong execution of organizational skills
- Respect for, and maintenance of, confidential and private matters
- Strong knowledge of Google Applications (Mail, Calendar, Drive, Hangout, Analytics)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Effectively interact with all organizational levels and is a team player
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
If interested, please send an email to email@example.com with a brief note of introduction along with a resume.
Read more about Local Voice here.
EEO Policy Statement
Local Voice Media provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.